Spicy Chicken & Eggplant
One of the 10 finalists for the Community Recipe Challenge, this dish is the perfect blend of spice and Asian flavors. The garlic, ginger, and jalapeno create a bold flavor explosion with every bite. Thank you to Laura for this spicy Phase 3 addition!
Notes from our taste testers:
- “This is way better than takeout”
- “SPICY, in all the right ways”
- “Eggplant prepared this way is irresistible”
Phase 3 | Serves 4
Prep time: 15 minutes | Total time: 30 minutes
1 lb. chicken breast cut into 1-inch pieces
2 cups Asian eggplant cut into 1-inch pieces
2 Tbsp. olive oil
2 Tbsp. coconut aminos
8 scallions sliced diagonally 1/2 inch pieces
2 cloves garlic thinly sliced
1 Tbsp. thinly sliced Fresh ginger
2 Tbsp. jalapeño sliced into rings
- On medium heat, brown the chicken in olive oil.
- Add the remaining ingredients except the eggplant and sauté another 1 or 2 minutes.
- Place eggplant on top, cover and simmer on medium/low for about 3 minutes.
- Stir in eggplant and sauté until eggplant is tender.
Serve with your favorite Phase 3 grain.