Spicy Confetti Salad with Soybeans
Serves 2 | Prep Time: 20 minutes | Total Time: 50 minutes (includes refrigerator time)
- 1 cup shelled soybeans (edamame)
- 1 cup diced red bell pepper
- ½ cup diced red onion
- 1 cup 1-inch pieces trimmed yellow wax beans
- 2 pepperoncini, seeded and diced
- ½ cup peeled, seeded, diced cucumber
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh dill
- ½ teaspoon stevia or xylitol
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- Steam the edamame for 3 minutes, and then rinse with cold water.
- Combine them with all the salad ingredients in a mixing bowl. Set aside.
- Blend the dressing ingredients in a blender until smooth. Fold the dressing into the bean mixture. For best results, refrigerate
for 30 minutes.
NOTE: Swap another type of bean (kidney beans work especially well) for the soybeans and this
recipe also works for Phases 1 and 3.