Steak and Cabbage Sauté with Sweet Potato Mash
METABOLISM REVOLUTION: DINNER PART 1
MEAL MAP A
MEAL MAP B
MEAL MAP C
|STEAK*||4 OUNCES||4 OUNCES||8 OUNCES|
|SEA SALT AND GROUND PEPPER||AS NEEDED||AS NEEDED||AS NEEDED|
|GARLIC||1 TEASPOON MINCED||1 TEASPOON MINCED||1 TEASPOON MINCED|
|ONION||1/2 CUP CHOPPED||1/2 CUP CHOPPED||1/2 CUP CHOPPED|
|CABBAGE||1 CUP CHOPPED||2 CUPS CHOPPED||2 CUPS CHOPPED|
|SWEET POTATO, LARGE, BAKED||1/2||1/2||1/2|
|THYME, FRESH OR DRIED||PINCH||PINCH||PINCH|
|GREEN BEANS, FRESH||1 CUP||1 1/2 CUPS||1 1/2 CUPS|
1. Heat a grill to medium-high heat or a grill pan over medium-high heat.
2. Season the steak with salt and pepper and grill until cooked to your desired doneness. Lest rest a few minutes, then slice and set aside.
3. In a medium nonstick skillet, cook the garlic and onion over medium heat, stirring until tender. Add the cabbage and cook until the cabbage is crisp-tender, about 6 minutes. Stire in the steak.
4. Steam the green beans in a steamer basket over boiling water until crisp-tender and bright green, about 6 minutes.
5. In a bowl, mash the sweet potato and season with garlic powder, thyme, salt, and pepper. Top with steak and cabbage. Serve with green beans on the side.
*If you don't eat any animal products, you any substitute any Vegetarian Protein from the Metabolism Revolution Food List in your book. Need a copy? Metabolism Revolution is available from booksellers now!
Love this recipe? There are hundreds more available to Members of HayliePomroy.com! If you’re not a Member, learn more and join now!