All Phases | Serves 2 | Prep Time: 15 minutes | Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1 pound filet steaks, 1 inch thick (you could also use strip steaks, for Phase 2 and Phase 3)
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Heat a heavy skillet over medium-high heat.
- Sprinkle the steaks with 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper; cook 2 to 3 minutes per side for medium (145 degrees F) or to the desired doneness.
- Transfer to a cutting board and cover loosely with foil.
- In the same skillet, sauté the onion for 2 minutes. Stir in the broth and simmer 5 minutes.
- Whisk in the dill, mustard, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- Slice the steak across the grain and serve with the sauce.