Sweet Potato and Turkey Hash
Phase 3 | Serves 2 | Prep time: 10 minutes | Total time: 30 minutes
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup diced onions
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon sea salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper, divided
- 2 sweet potatoes, diced small (about 3 cups)
- 2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 8 ounces leftover shredded turkey
- 3 cups baby spinach
- 1 cup red grape tomatoes, halved
- Heat olive oil in a large nonstick skillet. Add the onion and garlic and cook over medium heat for 3 to 4 minutes until translucent.
- Add 1/2 teaspoon salt, thyme, rosemary, 1/8 teaspoon of the pepper and sweet potatoes and cook for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Add the sliced mushrooms, and continue cooking for 5 minutes or until the sweet potatoes are soft but not mushy.
- Add the turkey, spinach and tomatoes; season again with 1/2 teaspoon of salt and 1/8 teaspoon of pepper. Cook for another 2 to 3 minutes until turkey is heated all the way through. Serve.
*Each portion = a protein, vegetable for Phase 3. Additional healthy fat needed.