Tamari-Ginger Steamed Halibut with Veggies
Mood: Lunch or Dinner Days 1-5
Serves 4 | Prep time: 20 minutes | Total time: 30 minutes
- 1/4 cup tamari
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon minced peeled fresh ginger
- 2 1/2 teaspoons minced seeded jalapeño (about 1 small jalapeño)
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 1/4 cup diagonally cut green onions
- 1 cup snow peas, trimmed
- 1 cup thinly sliced shiitake mushrooms (about 2 ounces)
- 1 cup red bell pepper strips (about 1 large pepper)
- 4 (6-ounce) skinless halibut fillets
- 8 ounces buckwheat soba noodles
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. In a wide, shallow dish (big enough to dip the halibut fillets in), whisk together the firstfour ingredients (tamari through jalapeño) and set aside.
- Fold four (16 x 12-inch) sheets of heavy-duty aluminum foil in half crosswise. Open the foil and divide the veggies (carrots, onions, snap peas, mushrooms, and bell peppers) evenly among the foil sheets. Dip the halibut fillets into the tamari mixture, turning to coat evenly. Place one fillet on each mound of veggies. Spoon the remaining tamari mixture evenly over each serving. Fold the foil over the halibut and veggies and tightly seal the edges. Place the packets on a baking sheet. Bake them for 13 minutes. Remove them from the oven and let them stand for 3 minutes.
- While the packets bake, cook the soba according to the package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain and rinse the soba under cold water. Place 1 cup of the soba on each of four plates, and top each with the contents of a foil packet. Sprinkle each serving with 1 tablespoon of cilantro. Serve immediately.