Tex-Mex Black Bean Dip
Phase 1, 3
Makes About 2 1/2 Cups | Prep Time: 10 minutes | Total Time: 10 minutes
- 2 (15-ounce) cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- ½ cup chopped yellow onion
- 1⁄3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 small jalapeño, seeded and diced
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Put the black beans, onion, cilantro, garlic, jalapeño, lime juice, cumin, chili powder, salt, and black pepper in a food processor or blender. Blend until smooth.
- Serve with cut-up vegetables. A ½ cup serving equals a standard protein portion on
Phase 1 or Phase 3.