Thai Basil Ground Beef Bowl
Want to speed up your metabolism? This Thai-inspired dish loaded with antioxidants and metabolism-boosting ingredients. Basil makes the list of superfoods because it’s loaded with iron and magnesium making it great for the metabolism by improving blood circulation. Asparagus is an excellent source of fiber, vitamins A, C, E, and K, and enhances the ability of insulin to transport glucose from the bloodstream into cells. It’s also one of the top-ranked fruits and vegetables for its ability to neutralize cell-damaging free radicals making it a powerful antioxidant.
Phase 2 | Serves 4
Prep time: 20 minutes | Total time: 20 minutes
4 packages shirataki noodles
1 pound lean ground beef
2 cups asparagus, chopped
4 green onions, sliced
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
2 tablespoons tamari or coconut aminos
1 to 2 teaspoons Asian garlic chili paste
1/4 to 1/2 cup Thai or regular basil, chopped
- Prepare the shirataki noodles according to package directions.
- Add the beef to a hot nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Brown and break up the larger chunks as you go until the beef is no longer pink.
- Add the asparagus, green onions, garlic, and ginger. Stir-fry until the asparagus is just tender, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the tamari, chili paste, and basil. Cook for 30 seconds, and remove from the heat. Taste and season as needed with additional tamari or chili sauce.
- Serve the Thai Basil Beef over the shirataki noodles.