Phase 2, I-Burn | Serves 6
Prep time: 15 minutes | Total time: 20 minutes
This recipe is easy to adapt for I-Burn: Omit the green chiles, and substitute 3 cups cooked quinoa for the shirataki noodles.
3 bags shirataki noodles
5 cups low-sodium chicken broth
1 1/3 cups chopped onion (about 1 onion)
1 cup sliced mushrooms
1 tablespoon diced green chilies
1 1/2 teaspoons chopped garlic
1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper, or more to taste
5 cups of leftover cooked turkey breast, cubed (about 1 1/2 pounds)
1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro, divided
Sea salt and black pepper
Crushed red pepper flakes
- Use a strainer to rinse and drain the shirataki noodles well. Cut the noodles into smaller pieces with kitchen scissors and set aside.
- In a medium-large pot combine the next 6 ingredients (broth through cayenne) and set to medium-high heat.
- Stir occasionally and cook until the onion is soft (about 5 minutes).
- Add the turkey and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the noodles, lime juice, and 1/4 cup of the cilantro. Continue to simmer until the noodles are hot, about 2 minutes.
- Season to taste with sea salt, black pepper, and additional cayenne pepper or crushed red pepper flakes.
- Evenly top each serving with the remaining 1/4 cup cilantro, and serve with lime wedges.