White Bean Dip with Bacon
You’ll never believe this rich dip is low in fat and dairy-free. Use it as a warm dip for veggies, or use it as a spread in a sandwich or wrap.
Phase 1 and 3 | Makes about 1 1/2 Cup
Prep Time: 15 minutes | Total Time: 15 minutes
Ingredients4 slices nitrate-free turkey bacon, chopped
4 cloves garlic, minced
1⁄3 cup low-sodium chicken broth
1 (19-ounce) can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
¼ cup chopped green onions
1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice, or to taste
¼ teaspoon sea salt
1⁄8 teaspoon paprika
Dash of cayenne pepper
- Sauté the chopped bacon in a nonstick skillet over medium heat until crisp.
- Remove the bacon from the pan with a slotted spoon, and set aside. Add the garlic and 1 tablespoon of the broth to the pan; cook for 1 minute, stirring frequently.
- Add the remaining broth along with the beans; bring to a boil. Reduce the heat, and simmer, uncovered, for about 3 minutes.
- Place the bean mixture and remaining ingredients (except the bacon) in a food processor and process until smooth.
- Spoon the mixture into a bowl, and stir in all but 2 tablespoons of the reserved cooked bacon. Sprinkle the dip with the remaining bacon and green onions just before serving.
- Use ½ cup as a protein portion for Phase 1. May also be used in Phase 3.