Ancho-Marinated Pork and Mango Skewers
Phase 1 | Serves 4
Prep time: 25 minutes | Total time: 1 hr 25 minutes to 4 hours
(includes marinating time)
1 small orange
1 small lime
2 medium garlic cloves, minced
2 teaspoons ancho chili powder
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1 packet (about 3/8 teaspoon) stevia
Pinch crushed red pepper flakes
1 pound pork tenderloin, trimmed and cut into 1-inch cubes
4 ripe mangos, cut into 1-inch chunks
1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- Squeeze the orange and lime into a medium bowl.
- Whisk in the garlic, ancho powder, sea salt, stevia, and crushed red pepper flakes.
- Add the pork, toss to coat, cover, and refrigerate for at least 1 hour or up to 4 hours. (If you’re using wooden skewers, soak them for about 20 minutes before grilling; you’ll need about 8 skewers.)
- Preheat the grill to medium-high.
- Thread the pork and mango cubes onto skewers.
- Grill the skewers, turning once, until the meat is browned on the outside but still slightly pink in the center, about 8 minutes.
- Sprinkle with cilantro and serve.