Angels on Horseback
Phase 2, 3 | Serves 2
Prep time: 10 minutes | Total time: 15 minutes
8 oysters, shucked (water-packed work well)
4 slices nitrate-free turkey bacon, cut in half lengthwise
- Preheat the broiler.
- Arrange the bacon in a single layer on a broiler pan and broil until halfway cooked (about 3 minutes).
- Remove the bacon from the pan.
- While the bacon is still warm and pliable, wrap one piece around each oyster, and secure it with a wooden toothpick.
- Broil until the oysters are cooked and the bacon is crisp (about 2 to 3 minutes).
- Immediately remove from the broiler pan, add a squeeze of lime to taste, and serve hot.