Asparagus and Mushroom Frittata
Serves 2 | Prep Time: 10 minutes | Total Time: 15 minutes
- 1 cup asparagus pieces, sliced diagonally into 2-inch sections
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 green onion, white and green parts sliced
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 6 egg whites, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons packed fresh basil leaves, cut in chiffonade
- Preheat the oven to 325ºF.
- In a nonstick pan over medium-high heat, sauté the asparagus and mushrooms until the
asparagus is nearly crisp-tender, about 3 minutes.
- Add the green onion and sauté for 1 more minute. Stir in the salt and pepper and then pour in the egg whites. Sprinkle the basil on top.
- Place the pan into the oven and bake for 5 minutes or until the center of the frittata is set
and the edges pull away from the pan.
- Slide the frittata out of the pan onto a plate or cutting board. Slice it into wedges and