Baked Lemon Pepper Cod
This colorful, flavorful Phase 2 recipe uses thyme, lemon, and garlic — warming, fall flavors. We used cod, but you can substitute any Phase 2 fish in this recipe, and feel free to add more veggies.
Great for a weeknight, this lemon pepper cod is ready in just 30-40 minutes.
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 small sweet onion, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, divided
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves, divided
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 12 ounces cod fillets
- Sweet Hungarian paprika
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Place the peppers and onions in an 8- or 9-inch baking dish and sprinkle with half the lemon juice, thyme, garlic, salt, and pepper. Bake for 10 minutes. Remove the pan from the oven, and reduce the heat to 400 degrees.
- Place the cod fillets on top of the veggies. Sprinkle the fish with the remaining lemon juice, thyme, garlic, salt, pepper, and the paprika. Bake for 13 to 15 minutes, until the fillets are nearly opaque. Serve the fish with the veggies, spooning the juices from the pan over top.
You can easily double this recipe. Just use a 13″ x 9″ pan.