Balsamic Grilled Chicken Salad with Strawberry-Mint Salsa
Light, refreshing and bursting with flavor this Metabolism Revolution salad will become a favorite as soon as you have your first bite. Not only did I load it with antioxidants to help boost your immune system and tackle inflammation, but I also added mint to promote digestion. Are you ready for a revolution?
Metabolism Revolution: Lunch Part 1 | Serves 1
Prep time: 15 minutes | Total time: 20 minutes
INGREDIENTS MEAL MAPS A, B & C
4-ounce boneless, skinless chicken breast
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
Strawberry Mint Salsa:
1 cup diced strawberries
2 tablespoons finely diced red onion
2 tablespoons thinly sliced mint
2 teaspoons fresh lime juice, or to taste
1/8 teaspoon sea salt
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
4 cups salad greens
* MEAL MAP C - serve with 1 cup of fruit in addition to the salsa.
- Grill the chicken: In a medium bowl or zip lock bag, combine the chicken, balsamic vinegar, 1/4 teaspoon of salt and 1/4 teaspoon of pepper. Mix well. Set aside to marinate while grill heats, or longer if time allows.
- Preheat the grill (or a grill pan or broiler) to medium. Once heated, add the chicken and grill 5 minutes, then flip. Grill until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the center of the chicken breast reaches 165 degrees, or until the chicken is no longer pink on the inside, about 5 minutes. (Time will vary depending on the thickness of chicken.)
- Make the salsa: Meanwhile, in a small mixing bowl, combine the rest of the ingredients to make the salsa (except for salad greens). Set aside for the flavors to marry while the chicken cooks.
- When the chicken is done, slice it and serve it on top of the salad greens, topped with the strawberry mint salsa.