Berry Baked Oatmeal
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 3/4 cup slivered almonds, divided
- 1/3 cup xylitol
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 3/4 cups almond milk
- 1 large egg
- 3 tablespoons raw coconut oil, melted, divided (plus more for the pan)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 6 cups fresh or frozen blueberries and/or raspberries, divided
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Brush an 8-inch square baking dish with melted coconut oil.
- Combine the oats, half of the almonds, xylitol, cinnamon, baking powder, and sea salt in a bowl. In a separate bowl, whisk together the almond milk, egg, half of the melted coconut oil, and the vanilla.
- Place 2 cups berries on the bottom of the prepared pan. Layer the oat mixture over the berries, and then slowly drizzle the almond milk mixture over the oats. Scatter another 1 cup of the berries and the rest of the almonds on top.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until golden brown and set. Remove from the oven, and drizzle with the remaining coconut oil. Serve with the remaining 3 cups of fresh or thawed, warmed berries on top.