Blackened Salmon with Wild Rice
Phase 3 | Serves 4
Prep time: 20 minutes |Total time: 20 minutes
For the salmon:4 tablespoons paprika
1 teaspoon cayenne
1 1/2 teaspoons thyme
3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
3/4 teaspoon sea salt
2 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
Juice of 1 lemon
4 6-ounce salmon fillets
For the rice:2 cups cooked wild rice
1/3 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/4 teaspoon sea salt, or to taste
1 lemon, cut into wedges
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- In a shallow dish (big enough to dip the salmon fillets into), combine the first 5 ingredients (paprika through salt).
- In a separate shallow dish, combine the 2 1/2 tablespoons olive oil with the juice of 1 lemon.
- Dip each salmon fillet in the lemon-oil mixture to coat both sides, then coat both sides with the spices.
- Heat a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat.
- Cook the salmon until blackened, 2 minutes per side.
- Transfer to the oven for 5 to 8 minutes (depending on the thickness of your fillets), or just until the salmon is not quite opaque in the center.
- Combine the cooked wild rice with the parsley, remaining olive oil, and salt.
- Serve the salmon with the rice and lemon wedges.