Blackened Salmon with Wild Rice
Phase 3 | Serves 4 | Prep time: 20 minutes |Total time: 20 minutes
For the salmon:
- 4 tablespoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 1/2 teaspoons thyme
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 4 6-ounce salmon fillets
For the rice:
- 2 cups cooked wild rice
- 1/3 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt, or to taste
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- In a shallow dish (big enough to dip the salmon fillets into), combine the first 5 ingredients (paprika through salt).
- In a separate shallow dish, combine the 2 1/2 tablespoons olive oil with the juice of 1 lemon.
- Dip each salmon fillet in the lemon-oil mixture to coat both sides, then coat both sides with the spices.
- Heat a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat.
- Cook the salmon until blackened, 2 minutes per side.
- Transfer to the oven for 5 to 8 minutes (depending on the thickness of your fillets), or just until the salmon is not quite opaque in the center.
- Combine the cooked wild rice with the parsley, remaining olive oil, and salt.
- Serve the salmon with the rice and lemon wedges.