Halibut with Vegetables
This simple and yummilicious I-Burn recipe contains several therapeutic ingredients — parsley, red bell pepper, celery, and halibut (an easy to digest protein source) — that can help you target inflammation, one of the three common causes of weight loss resistance.
Prep time: 10 minutes | Total time: 40 minutes | Serves 4
- 1 1/2 pounds halibut fillets, about 6 ounces each
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- 2 stalks celery, thinly sliced
- 1 yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 14 1/2 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Pat the halibut fillets dry and place them in a 9-by-13-inch baking pan. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Stir together the remaining ingredients and pour the mixture over the halibut. Bake until the halibut is nearly opaque in the center (about 20 minutes). Remove from the oven. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.