Cacao-Dusted Strawberries with Coconut Whipped Cream
Maintenance | Prep time: 5 minutes | Total time: 5 minutes, plus overnight chilling time
- 14-oz. can full-fat coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 10 drops liquid stevia, or to taste
- Raw cacao powder, for dusting
- Fresh strawberries
- Refrigerate the can of coconut milk overnight.
- Open the can and scoop just the solid coconut cream into a bowl (save the coconut water for a smoothie).
- Beat the coconut cream, vanilla, and stevia together with an electric mixer until thick and fluffy, about 4 minutes. (This will keep refrigerated for three days.)
- Serve 1/4 cup coconut cream with cacao-dusted strawberries.
Here’s a rule of thumb to keep in mind about eating desserts on the FMD:
If the dessert falls into the correct food categories for your phase-appropriate snack, you can eat that dessert for one of your snacks. However, if you want dessert and you’ve already eaten your three meals and two snacks for the day, or it is a special treat (holiday, etc.), you can have the dessert as long as you add an additional day of phase-appropriate exercise. For example – an additional day of cardio during Phase 1, a second day of weight training during Phase 2, or a second day of stress-reduction exercise during Phase 3.