Cacao-Glazed Coin Cookies
Makes about 1 dozen | Prep time: 25 minutes | Total time: 55 minutes
- 1 1/2 tablespoons raw coconut oil, melted
- 1 tablespoon almond milk
- 22 drops stevia, or to taste
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup minus 2 tablespoons almond flour
- 2 tablespoons raw cacao powder
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- Combine the coconut oil, almond milk, stevia, and vanilla in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, combine the almond flour, cocoa powder, sea salt, and baking soda.
- Mix the wet ingredients into the dry and keep stirring, breaking up clumps as you mix, until you can form the dough into a ball with your hands.
- Flatten the dough ball into a disk, wrap it in plastic wrap, and refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- Place the chilled dough ball between two sheets of parchment paper and roll it out 1/4-inch thick.
- Cut circles out of the dough with a cookie or biscuit cutter (we used a 2-inch cutter), transfer the shapes to a parchment-lined cookie sheet, and freeze for 20 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Bake the cookies for 10 minutes. Remove the cookie sheet from the oven and let the cookies cool on the sheet. Cool the cookies completely before glazing. 2 cookies is a grain serving.
- 1 tablespoon coconut butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon raw coconut oil, melted
- 1/8 teaspoon vanilla
- 6 drops liquid stevia, or to taste
- 1 1/2 teaspoons raw cacao powder
Directions for Glaze
Stir all ingredients together until smooth. Use a teaspoon to spread a little bit of glaze on each cooled cookie.