Chard and Tofu Stir Fry
Phase 2 | Serves 2 | Prep time: 5 minutes | Total time: 25 minutes
8 oz firm or extra firm tofu
1 yellow onion, sliced
1 red bell pepper, sliced into strips
2 cloves garlic, minced
4 cups green or rainbow chard, cut into small pieces
¼ tsp crushed red pepper flakes
Fresh ground black pepper
1. Slice the tofu into 1” by 2” pieces
2. In a nonstick pan over medium heat, brown the tofu, about 4 minutes on each side
3. Remove the tofu from the pan and set aside.
4. In the same pan, add the sliced onion and red bell pepper. Add a little water or vegetable broth if anything is sticking. Cook until the vegetables soften, about 8 minutes.
5. Add the garlic to the pan and cook for about 1 minute.
6. Add the chopped chard and cook until wilted.
7. Season with the crushed red pepper, sea salt and black pepper.
*Note: This recipe works for non-vegans too. Simply brown chicken or turkey in the skillet, then set aside and add back at the end, just like the tofu.