Chicken and Cashew Stir Fry
This Chicken and Cashew Stir Fry is the perfect week-night meal. It's loaded with flavor, super simple and quick to make, and is also great for meal prep! No more takeout. We're thinking healthy, delicious, and metabolism-boosting meals, now.
Phase 3 | Serves 4
Prep time: 20 minutes | Total time: 20 minutes
Ingredients1 bunch green onions (scallions)
1 pound skinless boneless chicken thighs
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
3 tablespoons grapeseed oil
1 red bell pepper, chopped
4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1 1/2 tablespoons finely chopped peeled fresh ginger
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
3/4 cup low-sodium chicken broth
1 1/2 tablespoons tamari
1 1/2 teaspoons arrowroot
3 drops liquid stevia
3/4 cup raw cashews
Quinoa or wild rice
- Chop the scallions, separating the white and green parts.
- Pat the chicken dry, then cut it into 3/4-inch pieces and toss with the black pepper.
- Heat a wok or 12-inch heavy skillet (not nonstick) over moderately high heat until a drop of water evaporates immediately.
- Add the oil, swirling to coat, then stir-fry the chicken until it’s golden in places and just cooked through, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Transfer the chicken to a plate with a slotted spoon.
- Add the bell pepper, garlic, ginger, red pepper flakes, and scallion whites to the wok and stir-fry until the peppers are just crisp-tender, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Stir together the broth, tamari, arrowroot, and stevia. Stir this mixture into the vegetables in the wok.
- Reduce the heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, until thickened, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Stir in the cashews, scallion greens, and chicken, along with any juices accumulated on the plate.
- Serve over quinoa or wild rice.
Love this recipe? There are hundreds more available to Members of HayliePomroy.com! If you’re not a Member, learn more and join now!