Pretzel-Crusted Chicken Nuggets
Serves 5 | Phases 1 and 3 | Prep time: 15 minutes | Total time: 30 minutes
- 3/4 cup arrowroot powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 egg whites
- 1 cup finely crushed sprouted-grain pretzels (Unique 100% Sprouted Pretzels work well)
- 1 tsp. seasoning of your choice (such as smoked paprika, chipotle powder, garlic powder, or Italian seasoning)
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 1 1/4 pounds), cut into bite-size pieces
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet (or you may need two) with parchment.
- Whisk together the arrowroot, salt, and pepper in a bowl. In a separate bowl, whisk the egg whites until foamy. Place the crushed pretzels in a third bowl and stir in a teaspoon of your favorite seasoning.
- Dip a piece of chicken in the arrowroot until it is evenly covered. Then dip it in the egg whites, and then in the crushed pretzels. Place the coated chicken on the prepared baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining chicken.
- Bake the nuggets for 15 to 18 minutes, or until the chicken is fully cooked, and the outside is golden brown.