Chili-Coconut-Lime Chicken with Cauliflower Rice
Go crazy for cauliflower! Cauliflower is a cruciferous vegetable with lots of vitamin C, vitamin K, folate and B vitamins, as well as fiber. It can also help to bind toxins as they are released and carry them out of the body.
METABOLISM REVOLUTION: DINNER PART 2
MEAL MAP A
MEAL MAP B
MEAL MAP C
|UNSWEETENED SHREDDED, FLAKED OR CHOPPED FRESH COCONUT||1/4 CUP||1/4 CUP||1/4 CUP|
|WATER||1/4 CUP, PLUS MORE IF NEEDED||1/4 CUP, PLUS MORE IF NEEDED||1/4 CUP, PLUS MORE IF NEEDED|
|RED PEPPER FLAKES||PINCH||PINCH||PINCH|
|SEA SALT AND GROUND PEPPER||AS NEEDED||AS NEEDED||AS NEEDED|
|BONELESS, SKINLESS CHICKEN BREAST*||4 OUNCES||4 OUNCES||8 OUNCES|
|COCONUT OIL||2 TEASPOONS||2 TEASPOONS||2 TEASPOONS|
|CAULIFLOWER RICE**||2 CUPS||4 CUPS||4 CUPS|
|FRESH CILANTRO||1 TABLESPOON CHOPPED||2 TABLESPOONS CHOPPED||2 TABLESPOONS CHOPPED|
1. In a blender, combine the coconut and water and blend until liquid, adding a little more water if necessary. In a zip-top bag, combine half the coconut mixture, red pepper flakes, half the lime juice, and salt and black pepper to taste, seal the bag, and shake gently to combine. Add the chicken, seal, and shake to coat. Marinate the chicken in a refrigerator for 30 minutes or 1 hour, or up to overnight.
2. When ready to cook, heat a grill to medium-high, heat a grill pan over medium-high heat, or preheat the broiler.
3. Drain the chicken and discard the marinade. Grill or broil the chicken for 4 to 5 minutes on the first side, then 3 4o 4 minutes on the second side, depending on their size, until cooked through. Transfer to a plate and let rest for 5 minutes.
4. In a very large skillet, melt the coconut oil over medium-high heat. Add the cauliflower rice, season with salt and black pepper, and cook, stirring, until tender, 5 to 7 minutes. Stir in the remaining lime juice and add the remaining coconut-water mixture. Add the cilantro and stir to combine.
5. Pile the cauliflower mixture onto a plate and top with the chicken and serve.
*If you don't eat any animal products, you any substitute any Vegetarian Protein from the Metabolism Revolution Food List in your book. Need a copy? Metabolism Revolution is available from booksellers now!
**Many stores sell riced cauliflower in the produce section. If you'd like to make your own, pulse cauliflower florets in a food processor until broken down into rice-size pieces buy not mushy.
Love this recipe? There are hundreds more available to Members of HayliePomroy.com! If you’re not a Member, learn more and join now!