Sweet and Savory Lamb Curry
It's time to Unleash the Burn! Do it with this amazing Sweet and Savory Lamb Curry. Beautiful coriander, paprika, and cinnamon help promote healthy digestion and reduce inflammation. Lamb is rich in Zinc, which is so important in the formation of insulin and testosterone!
Phase 2 and 3 | Serves 8
Prep time: 15 minutes | Total time: 4 to 8 hours
INGREDIENTS1 large onion, diced
6 cloves garlic, minced
1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
2 pounds lamb stew meat
1 tablespoon ground cumin
2 teaspoons ground coriander
3/4 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon turmeric
1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
2 cups chicken broth
4 ounces baby spinach, chopped (fresh or thawed frozen works)
- In a nonstick skillet, cook the onion over medium heat, stirring often, until it’s translucent, about 5 minutes (add a little of the broth if necessary).
- Add the garlic and ginger and sauté another 1 minute.
- Transfer the onion mixture to a crockpot and stir in the lamb stew meat.
- Add the cumin, coriander, sea salt, pepper flakes, paprika, cinnamon, turmeric, cloves, and chicken broth (except for the spinach) to the crockpot to create the curry sauce.
- Cover and cook for 4 hours on high or 8 hours on low.
- Stir the spinach into the hot curry to wilt it, and serve with a small salad.