Sweet and Savory Lamb Curry
Phase 2, 3 | Serves 8 | Prep time: 15 minutes | Total time: 4 to 8 hours
- 1 large onion, diced
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 pounds lamb stew meat
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 4 ounces baby spinach, chopped (fresh or thawed frozen works)
- In a nonstick skillet, cook the onion over medium heat, stirring often, until it’s translucent, about 5 minutes (add a little of the broth if necessary).
- Add the garlic and ginger and sauté another 1 minute.
- Transfer the onion mixture to a crock pot and stir in the lamb stew meat.
- Add the cumin, coriander, sea salt, pepper flakes, paprika, cinnamon, turmeric, cloves, and chicken broth (except for the spinach) to the crockpot to create the curry sauce.
- Cover and cook for 4 hours on high or 8 hours on low.
- Stir the spinach into the hot curry to wilt it, and serve with a small salad.