Cleanse Days 8-10, Maintenance | Serves 6
Prep time: 20 minutes | Total time: 1 hour, 30 minutes
1/2 tablespoon raw coconut oil, plus more for greasing the pan
1/4 cup thinly sliced onion
6 ounces white mushrooms
3/4 cup chicken or vegetable stock or broth
Two 10-ounce packages frozen broccoli, chopped, cooked and well-drained
1/3 cup chopped green onions
6 ounces on-plan vegan cheese, shredded
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- In a medium saucepan, melt the coconut oil over medium heat and add the onion. Cook until the onion is soft and translucent, then add the mushrooms. Cover and let the mixture sweat for about 8 minutes, taking care that the onion doesn't take on any brown color. Stir in the chicken stock and bring to a boil. Immediately reduce the heat and simmer, covered, for 1 hour. Let cool, then blend in a blender until smooth.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a large glass or ceramic pie plate with coconut oil.
- Put the broccoli, green onions, and cheese in the bottom of the plate.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs, then whisk in the mushroom puree, salt, and pepper. Pour evenly over the cheese.
- Bake 35 to 45 minutes, until a knife inserted in the center, comes out clean.
- Let stand 10 minutes before cutting.