Egg White Omelet Soufflé
Phase 2 | Serves 2
Prep time: 10 minutes | Total time: 35 to 40 minutes
2 tablespoons organic vegetable broth
½ cup diced red bell pepper
½ cup diced yellow bell pepper
¼ cup diced yellow onion
½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
6 large egg whites, room temperature
1 teaspoon lemon juice
Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat. Add the broth, bell peppers, and onions and sauté until soft. Stir in the cayenne pepper.
- Whisk the egg whites and lemon juice until stiff peaks form.
- Gently fold in the pepper-and-onion mixture.
- Pour the mixture into a 9-inch nonstick baking pan and bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until the top is golden brown.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and serve immediately.