Phase 3 | Serves 6
Prep time: 15 minutes | Total time: 15 minutes, plus chilling time
- 4 beaten egg yolks
- 3 cups unsweetened almond or coconut milk, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 teaspoon powdered stevia, or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- In a medium saucepan, mix the egg yolks and 2 cups of the milk.
- Stir constantly over medium-low heat until the mixture thickens enough to coat the back of a spoon, about 5 to 10 minutes. (Be patient — if you heat things too fast or don’t stir, you’ll get scrambled eggs!)
- Remove the pan from the heat and set it in a bowl of ice water.
- Stir for 2 to 3 minutes and then add the last 1 cup of milk, vanilla, stevia, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Cover the eggnog and refrigerate.
- The longer it chills, the thicker it will get.
- Before serving, dust the eggnog generously with cinnamon and nutmeg.