Flash-Cooked Greens with Garlic
Serves 2 | Phase 2 and Phase 3| Prep time: 10 minutes | Total time: 10 minutes
- 1/2 pound fresh greens (Chinese cabbage, Savoy cabbage, kale, Swiss chard, watercress, etc.)
- 1 tablespoon broth or water
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- If using cabbage, kale, or Swiss chard, trim and coarsely chop.
- Cut away tough ends from smaller greens, like watercress.
- Wash the greens thoroughly and drain or spin-dry.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet or a wok over high heat.
- Add the greens, broth (or water), and garlic, and toss with a spatula for about 20 seconds.
- Add the lemon juice and sea salt; toss lightly over medium-high heat for 1 minute or less, until the greens are slightly wilted but still bright green.
- Immediately transfer the greens to a serving platter.
- Adjust the seasoning to taste.
- Serve hot, cold, or at room temperature.