Phase 3 | Serves 8 (serving size is 1/4 cup) | Prep time: 10 minutes | Total time: 2 hours 30 minutes to overnight
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 to 3 teaspoons powdered stevia, or to taste
- 1 cup flax seeds
- 1/2 cup flax seed meal
- 1/2 cup chia seeds
- Mix the water with the cinnamon, vanilla, and stevia. Add the flax seeds, flax meal, and chia, and mix well. Let sit 2 to 4 hours or overnight in the fridge to let the water absorb.
- Preheat the oven to 275 degrees F.
- Crumble and spread the mixture thinly onto a parchment paper-covered cookie sheet. Put another piece of parchment paper on top and roll out with a rolling pin to spread evenly.
- Bake 10 to 15 minutes, then stir and bake another 10 minutes until crispy.
- Cool and break into bite-size pieces.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator or freezer.