Phase 3 | Serves 4 | Prep time: 20 minutes | Total time: 35 minutes, plus chilling time if desired
- 1 sweet onion, sliced thin
- 2 leeks, washed well and sliced thin
- 12-ounce bag of cauliflower florets (or about one small crown of cauliflower), chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup coconut cream*
- In a large saute pan on medium-high heat, saute the onions, leeks, and cauliflower in the olive oil, about 10 minutes.
- Add the salt, pepper, onion powder, and garlic powder and mix thoroughly.
- Pour in the chicken broth, bring to boil, cover, and reduce heat to let the veggies steam until soft, about 15 minutes.
- Transfer the soup to a blender and blend on high for 4 minutes. (Make sure you hold the lid on while blending hot things — the steam can push it right off!)
- Add the coconut cream and blend 1 minute more.
- Serve warm or cold, drizzled with olive oil.
*To get coconut cream, stick a can of full-fat coconut milk in the fridge. When it’s cold, the cream will rise to the top.