Food Rx: Bacon Wrapped Asparagus
With autoimmunity, it's really about listening to your body and figuring out what is causing that stress, then striking a balance. This lowers the body's overstimulated reactivity response.
Food Rx: Energy Repair, Breakfast Days 2-4, 6 and 7 – Protein and Veggie Serves 1 | Prep Time: 5 minutes | Total Time: 25-30 minutes
INGREDIENTS16 thick asparagus spears, tough ends trimmed
8 slices nitrate-free turkey bacon, cut in half lengthwise
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Wrap a piece of bacon spiral-fashion around each asparagus spear.
- Place the wrapped spears seam-side down on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until the bacon is crisp.
- Season with fresh black pepper to taste (and salt, if necessary).