Food Rx: Bacon Wrapped Asparagus
Food Rx: Autoimmunity, Breakfast Days 2-4, 6 and 7 – Protein and Vegetable
Prep time: 5 minutes | Total time: 25 to 30 minutes
- 16 thick asparagus spears, tough ends trimmed
- 8 slices nitrate-free turkey bacon, cut in half lengthwise
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Wrap a piece of bacon spiral-fashion around each asparagus spear.
- Place the wrapped spears seam-side down on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until the bacon is crisp.
- Season with fresh black pepper to taste (and salt, if necessary).