Food Rx: Chinese Chicken Salad
Food Rx: Energy Repair, Lunch Days 5-7 | Serves 1
Prep Time: 40 minutes | Total Time: 40 minutes
- 1 package of shirataki noodles
- 4 oz. of Chicken breast
- 2 cups of chopped cabbage
- Stevia to taste
- 1 tablespoon of coconut vinegar
- 1 Orange (3 tablespoons of juice and remaining orange slices or in segments)
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon of coconut aminos
- Fresh or powdered ginger
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Dash of cayenne
- Marinate strips or chunks of chicken in apple cider vinegar, lemon juice, and spices. Cook thoroughly, browning slightly.
- Prepare dressing with 3 tablespoons of orange juice, coconut aminos, stevia, black pepper, salt, and cayenne. You may add extra vinegar if desired.
- Shred cabbage into coleslaw consistency and toss lightly with dressing. Allow to marinate for at least 20 minutes or overnight. Top with chicken, orange slices, and crunchy shirataki noodles.
Preparing Shirataki Noodles:
- Drain and rinse noodles and pat dry.
- Cut the noodles into pieces and place on cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Then, add your favorite spices.
- Heat oven to 375F and bake for 40 minutes or until crispy. You can broil for the last 2-5 minutes. Serve as a topping to the salad.