Shrimp and Mushroom Risotto
Prep time: 15 minutes | Total time: 15 minutes
2 pouches shirataki rice
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 large shallot, finely chopped
2 cups chopped shiitake mushrooms (or other mushrooms)
1/3 cup clam juice or fresh seafood stock
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1 teaspoon arrowroot
3/4 teaspoon sea salt, or to taste
12 ounces shelled, deveined shrimp
2 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
1 tablespoon finely grated lemon zest
- Prepare the shirataki rice according to package directions. Heat the olive oil in a wide pot over medium-high heat.
- Add the shallots and mushrooms and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes, until the shallots are just translucent.
- Add the Metabolism Rice to the pot. Stir-fry the rice for 2 to 3 minutes, until the grains begin to toast.
- Stir in the clam juice, lemon juice, and arrowroot. Turn the heat down to a gentle simmer. Stirring almost constantly, let this liquid reduce until it is almost gone. Stir in the salt.
- Add the shrimp and parsley. Turn the heat back up to medium-high, and stir constantly until the shrimp are just cooked through. Add the lemon zest, and serve immediately.