Serves 2 | Prep time: 5 minutes | Total time: 20 minutes
- 12 ounces uncooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3/4 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 dried red chili pepper, about 1 1/2 inches long (or 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- In a bowl, toss the shrimp with the salt. Let stand for 15 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add the garlic, bay leaf, and chili pepper and stir for 30 seconds, until the garlic is fragrant. Add the shrimp and stir until just cooked through (about 2 to 3 minutes, depending on the size of the shrimp). Transfer the mixture to a serving dish and sprinkle with parsley.