Oatmeal Nut-Butter Cookies
Phase 3 | Serves 7 (Makes About 28 Cookies)
Prep time: 10 minutes | Total time: 30 minutes
1/3 cup raw nut butter (almond, cashew, etc.)
1 cup Fast Metabolism Baking Mix
1/3 cup unsweetened almond or coconut milk
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon vanilla
3/4 cup xylitol
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup ground flax seed
1 cup oats (certified gluten-free, if desired)
1/2 cup cacao nibs
1/2 chopped raw nuts
- Preheat the oven to 425ºF
- In a medium bowl, stir together the flour, baking soda, oats, and salt.
- In a stand mixer, or using a hand mixer, beat together the nut butter and olive oil. Beat in the coconut milk (almond milk) little by little to avoid splashing. Add vanilla and xylitol.
- Stir in dry ingredients.
- Stir in the cacao nibs and chopped nuts. Your mixture will be thick and look sticky.
- Drop by teaspoonful onto an ungreased jelly roll pan or cookie sheet.
- Bake for about 8 minutes or until lightly browned on the bottom.
For this batch, I used almond butter, chopped almonds, cacao nibs. Other combinations to try:
Walnut butter and chopped walnuts
Cashew butter, unsweetened coconut flakes, carob chips
Almond butter and chopped macadamias, with unsweetened coconut flakes
The variations are endless!
4 cookies are a grain serving on Phase 3. Healthy Fat portions will vary depending on the ingredients used. Please see portion charts for healthy fats.
Love this recipe? There are hundreds more available to Members of HayliePomroy.com! If you’re not a Member, learn more and join now!