Margarita Pork Tenderloin
Serves 8 | Prep time: 30 minutes | Total time: 50 minutes
- 2 pork tenderloins (1 pound each)
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 4 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 jalapeno, chopped
- 1 large handful of fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 large limes, juiced
- Zest of 1 small orange
- Sprinkle cumin and chili powder on one side of each tenderloin, and spread on the minced garlic. Allow to sit at room temperature for 10 minutes.
- Place the remaining ingredients in a 1-gallon zipper-top bag. Add the tenderloins to the bag. Squeeze all air out of bag and seal. Squish the tenderloins around until well coated with the marinade mixture. Refrigerate for 1 to 2 hours, turning a few times at regular intervals.
- Heat your grill to medium-high heat, placing coals at the lowest level (as far away from the grill rack as possible) — about 275 degrees.
- Place the tenderloins on the grill.
- Carefully pour the marinade over the tenderloins. Close the grill lid. Turn often until cooked through. It will take approximately 20 to 30 minutes, possibly longer, depending on how the grill holds and distributes the heat.
- Remove the tenderloins from the grill to a platter. Allow them to rest for 10 minutes. Slice into medallions and serve. If you are in maintenance, you can add 2 tablespoons of tequila to the marinade.