Grilled Shrimp Chinese Style
Serves 2 | Prep time: 20 minutes | Total time: 20 minutes
- 12 ounces shrimp
- 1 stalk green onion, green part only, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, very finely minced
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon finely minced chile pepper (or to your taste)
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon olive or grapeseed oil
- bamboo skewers, soaked in water 30 minutes
- Preheat a grill to high heat.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and mix thoroughly to coat the shrimp.
- At this point, you can refrigerate for up to overnight or just proceed to next step.
- Skewer the shrimp (using two skewers makes them easier to flip).
- Grill 2 to 4 minutes each side (depends on how big the shrimp are).
- Serve immediately.
Set the oven rack to 8 inches below the heating unit. Broil 4 minutes per side or until cooked through.