Grilled Stone Fruits with Balsamic and Black Pepper Syrup
Phase 1, 3
Serves 6 | Prep time: 10 minutes | Total time: 10 minutes
- 6 pieces stone fruit (apricots, plums or peaches), cut around the pit and separated in halves
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 small, peeled chunk ginger root, 1/2-inch
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse black pepper
- Liquid stevia (20 to 25 drops, or to taste)
- Heat a grill or grill pan to high.
- Grill the fruits cut side down for about 3 to 5 minutes, until warmed through and evenly marked.
- Heat the remaining ingredients in a small pot over medium-high heat (or on the grill next to the fruit).
- When the sauce reduces, it will become syrup-like in no time — less than a minute. If you burn food often or get distracted easily, cook it over lower heat. Otherwise, let it rip.
- When the balsamic sauce coats the back of a spoon and reduces by half, remove the pan from the heat and discard the ginger chunk.
- Sweeten with stevia to taste.
- Arrange the fruits on a platter and drizzle liberally with the glaze.