Herbed Fennel and Onion
Serves 2 | Prep time: 15 minutes | Total time: 15 minutes
- 1 large sweet onion, halved lengthwise and sliced
- 1 medium fennel bulb, halved and cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth, divided
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh sage or 1/2 teaspoon dried sage leaves
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary or 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 2 teaspoons white balsamic vinegar (or dark balsamic vinegar)
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, sauté the onion and fennel in 2 tablespoons of the broth until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add the remaining broth, sage, and rosemary.
- Bring to a boil; cook until the broth evaporates, about 5 minutes more.
- Remove from the heat.
- Stir in the vinegar, salt, and pepper, and serve.