Herbed Zucchini Pie
Serves 4 | Phase 3
Prep time: 20 minutes | Total time: 40 minutes
Ingredients8 cups coarsely grated zucchini (you can also use the julienne setting on a mandoline)
3/4 cup almond flour
1/4 cup arrowroot or tapioca flour
1/4 cup roughly chopped fresh cilantro, plus more for topping
1/4 cup roughly chopped fresh parsley, plus more for topping
1/4 cup roughly chopped fresh basil, plus more for topping
3/4 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 teaspoon cumin
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
5 eggs, divided
2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
1 tablespoon olive or grapeseed oil
- Wrap the grated zucchini in a clean, dry kitchen towel, and squeeze most of the water out of it. Set it aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the next 9 ingredients (almond flour through cayenne) and mix well.
- Add the squeezed zucchini, 1 lightly beaten egg, and the lemon juice and mix gently and thoroughly.
- Set your oven to 350 degrees.
- Place a large oven-safe skillet (cast iron works well) on the stovetop over medium heat. When the pan is heated, add the oil and spread it over the bottom of the pan.
- Spread the zucchini mixture evenly in the pan.
- Cook for about 10 minutes, or until the bottom is golden brown.
- Crack 4 eggs over the top and carefully transfer the pan to the oven.
- Bake for about 10 minutes.
- Scatter more fresh herbs on top, and serve.