Homemade Breakfast Sausage
All Phases | Serves 4 | Prep time: 10 minutes | Total time: 25 minutes
- 1 pound ground chicken or turkey breast
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried sage
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl.
- Form sausage patties the size and thickness you like (you’ll probably get about 8 patties).
- Cook the patties in a nonstick skillet over medium heat until browned on both sides and cooked through.
Note: You can also make a big batch of these, and freeze them uncooked to enjoy later.