Italian Garden Meatballs
Phase 2 | Serves 12 (or 6 dinners) | Prep time: 10 minutes | Total time: 45 minutes
1 pound lean ground beef
1/2 pound lean ground turkey
4 cups finely chopped fresh spinach
1/2 cup finely chopped mushrooms
1/4 cup finely chopped parsley
4 green onions (scallions), finely chopped, white and green parts
1 bell pepper, seeded and finely diced
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon fennel seed
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all the ingredients.
- With dampened palms, roll the meat mixture into golf-ball-sized meatballs and transfer them to a 9-by-13‑inch baking dish or a baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until the meatballs are cooked through.
- Serve warm or room temperature. These meatballs also freeze well.