Gluten-Free Matzo Crackers
- 2/3 cup fine-ground certified gluten-free oat flour (such as Bob’s Red Mill)
- 2/3 cup arrowroot powder
- 1/8 cup almond meal or chickpea flour
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 cup grapeseed or olive oil
- 4 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon water
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl combine the oat flour, arrowroot, almond meal and salt. Add the oil, using an electric mixer to combine. Add 4 tablespoons water and beat for another minute, until everything is blended and sticks together.
- Turn out the dough onto a counter top or cutting board sprinkled with arrowroot. Knead briefly, forming a ball. Cut the ball in two.
- Place each ball between two sheets of waxed paper and use a rolling pin to roll into an 8-inch circle. Use a fork to prick holes in the dough, and carefully transfer the matzo to the baking sheet. Bake for about 10 minutes, until crisp and starting to brown around the edges. Allow to cool. Half of one eight-inch matzo is one grain serving on Phase 3.