Lemon-Herb Baked Chicken
All Phases | Serves 5 | Prep time: 10 minutes | Total time: 1 hour 25 minutes
- Olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups pearl, cipollini or other small white onions, peeled*
- 4-pound fryer chicken, quartered (chicken leg quarters, boneless or bone-in breasts)
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons dried tarragon (or dried thyme leaves)
- Sea salt, pepper, and paprika
- Preheat the oven to 375. Lightly brush a 13-by-9-inch baking dish with olive oil.
- Arrange the chicken and onions in the baking dish.
- Combine the broth, garlic, lemon juice, and tarragon or thyme, and pour it over the chicken and onions.
- Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and paprika.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Baste the chicken with the pan juices, and bake for 45 minutes longer (less for bone-in and boneless breasts), or until the chicken is cooked through and browned.
*If using fresh onions, cut an X on the root end, boil for 3 minutes then cool in ice water and slip skins off. Omit oil in Phase 1 and Phase 2.