Serves 4 | Prep time: 10 minutes | Total time: 40 to 45 minutes
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned or rolled oats
- 1/4 cup plus 2 Tbls. sugar-free ketchup (or Homemade Sugar-Free Ketchup)
- 1/4 cup finely minced onion
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Mix all ingredients (except the 2 tablespoons of ketchup) in a large mixing bowl until well combined. Lightly press the mixture into an 8-by-4-inch loaf pan. Spread the remaining ketchup on top. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes (the inside will no longer be pink). Let the meatloaf rest for 5 minutes before slicing.
- Serve with Phase-appropriate veggies. For Phase 1, serve with 3/4 cup brown rice per person. For Phase 3, be sure to add a healthy fat, like a side salad topped with 2-3 Tbls. salad dressing.