Phases 1 & 3, Metabolism Revolution (Part 1) | Serves 6*
Prep time: 15 minutes | Total time: 45 minutes
INGREDIENTS2 medium onions, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 large carrot, peeled and chopped
1 large stalk celery, chopped
1 pound lean ground beef, turkey or buffalo
1 15-oz. can kidney beans, drained
1 15-oz. can pinto beans, drained
1 16-oz. jar Nomato Sauce (MR - homemade)
1 tsp. cumin
1/2 tsp. dried oregano
1 tsp. sea salt
1 to 3 cups vegetable broth (MR - homemade)
Black pepper to taste
- In a large soup pot, saute the onion, garlic, and carrot in 2 tablespoons of vegetable broth until they just start to soften.
- Add the ground beef and cook until brown.
- Stir in the Nomato Sauce, cumin, oregano, and salt.
- Add the drained beans. Add the broth, one cup at a time, until the chili is the consistency you like.
- Cook until everything is heated through and serve. Garnish with a sprinkle of the chopped cilantro. Phase 3 add avocado or olives.
Beans in this recipe count towards protein and grain. MR they are a complex carb.