Beans and tomatoes are major players in helping decrease inflammation in the body. Amazing spices, like cumin, help improve blood cholesterol and promote weight loss and fat reduction. What are you waiting for? Make yourself some of this amazing, cozy chili and let's get started on better health today!
Phases 1 & 3, Metabolism Revolution (Part 1) | Serves 6*
Prep time: 15 minutes | Total time: 45 minutes
INGREDIENTS2 medium onions, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 large carrot, peeled and chopped
1 large stalk celery, chopped
1 pound lean ground beef, turkey or buffalo
1 15-oz. can kidney beans, drained
1 15-oz. can pinto beans, drained
1 16-oz. jar Nomato Sauce (MR - homemade)
1 tsp. cumin
1/2 tsp. dried oregano
1 tsp. sea salt
1 to 3 cups vegetable broth (MR - homemade)
Black pepper to taste
- In a large soup pot, saute the onion, garlic, and carrot in 2 tablespoons of vegetable broth until they just start to soften.
- Add the ground beef and cook until brown.
- Stir in the Nomato Sauce, cumin, oregano, and salt.
- Add the drained beans. Add the broth, one cup at a time, until the chili is the consistency you like.
- Cook until everything is heated through and serve. Garnish with a sprinkle of the chopped cilantro. Phase 3 add avocado or olives.
Beans in this recipe count towards protein and grain. MR they are a complex carb.