New York Strip Steak with Broccoli
Phase 2 | Serves 2
Prep time: 2 minutes | Total time: 10 minutes
1 tablespoon minced garlic
½ teaspoon chopped fresh cilantro
¼ teaspoon sea salt
⅛ teaspoon fresh lemon juice
8 ounces New York strip steak
2 cups broccoli florets
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
½ teaspoon brewer’s yeast
- Preheat the broiler to high.
- In a small bowl, combine the garlic, cilantro, salt, and lemon juice.
- Spread over the steak and broil for 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until the steak reaches the desired degree of doneness.
- Transfer the steak to a cutting board and let the meat rest for about 5 minutes before slicing.
For the broccoli -
- Fill the bottom of a steamer with water.
- Place the broccoli in the top part of the steamer, bring to a boil over high heat, reduce to a simmer, cover tightly, and steam for about 5 minutes or until the desired doneness.
- Combine the lemon juice and brewer’s yeast and dress the broccoli.
- Serve with the steak.