Party Mushrooms with Pine Nuts
Phase 3 | Makes 24 | Prep time: 25 minutes | Total time: 40 minutes
- 24 large button mushrooms
- 1/4 cup minced onion
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 2 carrots, peeled and grated
- 1/2 cup pine nuts, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons organic salsa
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Chopped fresh chives
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly oil a large baking dish.
- Clean the mushrooms and remove their stems. Set the mushroom caps aside (you can save the stems to put in salads or soup later).
- In a skillet over medium heat, cook the onion in olive oil until translucent, about 6 minutes.
- Add the cooked quinoa, carrots, pine nuts, salsa, sea salt and pepper; cook until warm, about 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- Using a teaspoon, stuff the mushroom caps with the quinoa mixture (slightly over-stuff them).
- Place the stuffed mushrooms in a single layer on the prepared baking dish. (Make-ahead tip: You can prepare the mushrooms to this point and refrigerate until ready for baking.)
- Bake uncovered for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, garnish with fresh chives and serve warm.