Pasta with Tuna and Tomatoes
Serves 2 | Prep time: 10 minutes | Total time: 10 minutes
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 12 ounces drained tuna (from a pouch or canned in water), broken into chunks
- 15-ounce can crushed fire-roasted tomatoes
- 1 cup halved or quartered cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 tablespoon capers, rinsed (chopped if large)
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups cooked brown rice pasta
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Sauté the garlic, thyme, oregano, and crushed red pepper flakes in 2 tablespoons water for 30 seconds, being careful not to let the garlic burn.
- Add the tuna, crushed tomatoes, cherry tomatoes, and capers.
- Stir until the sauce is thick. Remove from heat and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Toss the pasta gently with the sauce, top with the basil, and serve.