Pasta with Tuna and Tomatoes
Phase 1 | Serves 2
Prep time: 10 minutes | Total time: 10 minutes
Ingredients2 cloves garlic, minced
2 teaspoons fresh thyme
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
12 ounces drained tuna (from a pouch or canned in water), broken into chunks
15-ounce can crushed fire-roasted tomatoes
1 cup halved or quartered cherry tomatoes
1/2 tablespoon capers, rinsed (chopped if large)
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
2 cups cooked brown rice pasta
2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Sauté the garlic, thyme, oregano, and crushed red pepper flakes in 2 tablespoons water for 30 seconds, being careful not to let the garlic burn.
- Add the tuna, crushed tomatoes, cherry tomatoes, and capers.
- Stir until the sauce is thick. Remove from heat and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Toss the pasta gently with the sauce, top with the basil, and serve.